February 17, 2024 9a – 1:30p @ Companion Dog Club of Tulsa
Come join us for nosework fun with team and individual box challenge competitions.
The cost is $15 for the day. Cash or check made out to CDCT.
Registration deadline is Wed., Feb. 14th or until full.
- There will be no NQ’s, just fun searching for UKC scents in a variety of cardboard boxes.
- No prerequisites are required but it will be helpful if your dog understands searching for odor in containers.
- You’ll be able to watch other competitors search; something we don’t get to do too often.
–Team “Clean Up” Challenge
- Teams of 3 will have names drawn from each of these levels 1-Nov/Adv, 2-Superior, 3-Mas/Elite.
- Each member will be given a time limit to search and find odors. Team will continue to rotate until all odors have been found or the given time limit has been reached.
- The goal for the team is to find the most odors in the shortest amount of time.
- We will have the team members hide while odors are arranged.
- We plan to arrange odors between each team run so that we may watch other teams.
- This is an individual competition with the goal of finding the most odors in the shortest amount of time.
- We expect to have a ring full of boxes for our more experienced dogs and a portion of the ring to be searched for our beginner dogs.
- We will be organizing in blinds where 4 to 5-ish competitors per challenge will hide while the search area is set and then the searchers in the blind compete (designed like “barn hunt” blinds).
- Because we are running in blinds, you’ll be able to run more than one dog or your one dog multiple times in the same division but in different blinds.
–Start Time – the briefing will be at 9:00 and the team member drawing will follow. The box challenge will start around 9:15 and the team challenge around 9:20. These searches will run concurrently. The last search blind will not begin before 11:30.
–Register – to organize the challenges we are asking you to register ONLINE with this link by Wednesday night, Feb. 14th. You will be sent a confirmation email. Signing up does not commit you but will help us organize and pre-assign blinds where possible. If you can come at the last minute and haven’t yet registered, you may show up and see if we have availability.
Form Link: http://tinyurl.com/cdstboxchallenge
–Limits – we hope to have each team run two times in the team “Clean Up” Challenge and anticipate having a maximum of 50 runs available in the Box Challenge. For this reason, there is a pre-registration limit of two dogs per handler to allow everyone to participate.
Questions? Email Janet (email@example.com) or Gretchen (firstname.lastname@example.org)